Monday, December 21, 2009

School

Louis' attendance at school recently has been hit or miss. It breaks my heart most days to take him to daycare but I think he really likes it and that it is good for him. As most kids do, he is beginning to get a little clingy and likes his mom to hold him which makes leaving him all the more difficult. However, I don't blame him! I remember how good it felt for my mom to hold me - so safe and comfortable perched high on her hip.

I pray that I am a consistent, loving and stable mother in every action I take. From leaving him at daycare in the morning to playing with him at home each evening -  Kids need that sense of security and compassion. I want Louis to be confident to explore the world around him and to take (safe) risks but I want him to do that on his own schedule not because the world thinks he should.





No comments:

Post a Comment